Global health internship in the Ecuadorian rainforest
Kennziffer, Chiffre: GGI0818PH-BP890
Foundation Human Nature (FHN) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting sustainable rural health and development projects in Ecuador. FHN works with a local health committee and representatives of the Ministry of Health in strengthening a primary health center in the El Páramo region in the north-west of the country. The health center is serving a population of more than 5,000 people who live in about 40 villages dispersed in the rainforest. In addition to medical care being provided in the facility, outreach and public health activities form an integral part of the day-to-day work - towards better health of the people in El Páramo. More information at: www.f-h-n.org/ or www.facebook.com/foundationhumannature/.
2. Description of tasks
Coordination, support and implementation of three key public health measures:
- Community outreach activities in collaboration with staff members and community health workers
- Promotion of water filters for clean drinking water amongst community members
- Strengthening of the system of community health workers, motivation and training in disease prevention and health promotion
- Representation of FHN in the project region
- Improvement of communication on all levels (within FHN and with partners in the field)
- Support of the local administration of the health center (planning, budgeting, organization of office work)
- Opportunity to develop public health project proposals in coordination with FHN
Education and/or work experience
- Medicine and health (e.g. nurse, midwife, physiotherapist, doctor, psychologist, public health specialist, health communicator) or a related field
- Training, coordination and/or implementation
- Project and stakeholder management
- Living/working in a low- or middle-income country
- Good Spanish language skills (minimum B2-level)
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Being enthusiastic, motivation and proactive following ideas and plans
- 200 USD monthly pocket money (free accommodation)
- Other costs related to the stay in Ecuador will not be reimbursed, e.g. for flights, vaccinations, visa, insurance, etc.
- Full-time internship including holidays
- Minimum duration of internship: 4 months
- Documents required: CV and 1-page motivation letter in English, German or Spanish
200 USD monthly pocket money (free accommodation); other costs related to the stay in Ecuador will not be reimbursed, e.g. for flights, vaccinations, visa, insurance, etc.
Alle mit einem Stern * versehenen Felder sind Pflichtfelder!