Volunteer role: Education Gender Advisor
Kennziffer, Chiffre: JOB0115859_1548087633
* University degree in the Social Sciences, preferably in Gender and Development if possible
* Experience of working at NGO level (local/national/international)
* Knowledge in human rights (women men, Childs, and People with disabilities rights)
* Excellent analytical and writing skills
* Good knowledge of international gender forums
* Ability to organize training/workshops
* Creativity, able to initiate plans for improving planning and other extra activities
* Resilience, flexibility, adaptability and a sense of humour when faced with problems, obstacles and frustrating circumstances
* Demonstrated commitment to capacity development principles and ability to transfer knowledge and skills and empower counterparts to lead organisational processes
* Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
* You're able to present progress reports, project updates and briefings to a range of audiences in a clear, accurate and confident manner
* Willing to travel to 40 target literacy schools in the Manica Province
* You're computer literate in Microsoft Office
* You have at least 5 years' experience in gender activities
* You have proven experience in project management
* All applicants must possess strong written and spoken English language skills. Applicants may be required to take a VSO language test as part of the selection process.
* Experienced in developmental context
* Previous travel of home country
* Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish or willingness to learn Portuguese
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Allowance: As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home. Accommodation VSO works with some
VSO 020 8780 7500
Alle mit einem Stern * versehenen Felder sind Pflichtfelder!