Health in Detention
10.12.2018 - 14.12.2018
- Global challenges in places of detention
- Legal framework for ICRC detention activities
- Health and well-being of detainee populations (with a particular focus on women, youth and the elderly)
- Health systems and management structures in places of detention
- Communicable and non-communicable disease control
- Nutrition, water and santitation
- Medical ethics / medical confidentiality and dual loyality for health care providers
- Managing hunger strikes
- Health impact of solidarity and discipline
Define the main legal instruments, professional codes, and declarations designed to protect the rights of prisoners, detainees, and health professionals.
Appraise the most important health problems in detention. Analyse health and human rights
health professionals (medical doctors, nurses, midwives, pharmacists), health managers and planners, social scientists, health system researchers, educators members of international organisations, working or dealing with police stations, detention etc.
- At least two years of professional experience
- English requirements: TOEFL paper 550 / computer 213 / internet 79-80 or IELTS 6.0 or native speaker or higher education in English
- the number of participants is limited to 24
For students registered as a tropEd Master student at a tropEd home institution, the course fee is CHF 900.00.
For the course brochure including application form please visit: http://www.swisstph.ch/teaching/professional-postgraduate/health-in-detention.html
Certificate of attendance, Master, Certificate of completion
All fields marked with an * are compulsory